Mexicali Salad (Serves 20)
|Mexicali mixed vegetables
||1 ½ bags|
|Green peppers||2 med|
|Red peppers||2 med|
|Green onions||7 stalks|
||1 ½ cups|
Mix all ingredients well (except for the Fritos).
Tuxedo Brownie Squares
½ cup seedless raspberry jam
2 cups fresh raspberries, or frozen whole raspberries without syrup, thawed and drained, divided into 1½ cups and ½ cup.
3 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup milk or whole cream
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Chocolate curls (optional)
2. Lightly spray bottom of 9” X 13” baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
3. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions.
4. Cool completely.
5. Spread jam onto brownie.
6. Arrange the 1½ cups of raspberries evenly over the jam.
7. In covered microwave bowl, microwave chocolate on HIGH 1 minute, stir.
8. Microwave chocolate an additional 30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted when stirred; cool slightly.
9. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl, mix well.
10.Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and milk/cream.
11. Fold in the whipped topping.
12. Spread carefully over raspberries.
13. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
14. Cut into squares.
15. Garnish with remaining ½ cup of raspberries and chocolate curls.
16. Stored covered in the refrigerator and serve cold.
To make chocolate curls, hold a vegetable peeler against the narrow side of a chocolate square. Using even pressure, push the blade away from you to create curls.
This recipe is from The Pampered Chef set titled, “Doris Christopher’s Stoneware Sensations: Baking with The Family Heritage Collection.”